HISTORY AND ROCKWELL “ROCK YOUR GARAGE” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The HISTORY and Rockwell “Rock Your Garage” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Sponsors (as defined in Paragraph 11 below), Administrator (as defined in Paragraph 12 below), Lowe’s Home Centers, Inc., and Lowe’s HIW, Inc. (collectively, “Lowe’s”), all prize providers associated with the Sweepstakes, Civic Entertainment Group, LLC and all of the aforementioned entities’ respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, divisions (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step- sister, half-brother, half-sister, and/or spouses of each) and members of their household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 10/25/13 through 11:59:59 PM “ET” on
1/31/14 (“Sweepstakes Period”), log on to www.history.com/rockyourgarage and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the on-line entry form, including your first and last name, address, email address and phone number. Limit one (1) entry per person, per day.
The website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entries in excess of the stated limits will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry per day, by using multiple/different email addresses or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the applicable email address used to enter.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing held on or about
2/18/14 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and Administrator, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize – a restored hot rod car ($30,000.00 approximate retail value (“ARV”)), a set of Rockwell Tools to include one (1) of each of the following; 16V MaxLithium Cordless Drill, 16V MaxLithium impact Driver, 12V 3rill Drill/Screwdriver/Impact Driver, Jobsite Table Saw with Laser, 4A VersaCut Mini-Circular Saw Kit w/ Laser, 4.5” Compact Circular Saw, 3.0 Amp Sonicrafter X2 w/Hyperlock, JawHorse, Bladerunner and 5” Random Orbital Sander; or comparable tools ($1,500.00 ARV), one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) Lowe’s Gift Card ($500.00 ARV) and a trip for winner and one (1) guest to visit Count’s Kustoms in Las Vegas, Nevada to meet Danny Koker from Sponsor’s program Counting Cars. Trip consists of roundtrip coach airfare from a major gateway airport nearest winner’s residence to Las Vegas, NV; three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy) at Sponsor-specified hotel; Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) in spending money; and a meet and greet with Danny Koker ($4,000.00 ARV). TOTAL GRAND PRIZE ARV: $36,000.00. Actual retail value may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value will not be awarded. If winner resides within two hundred fifty (250) miles of Las Vegas, NV winner will receive a travel stipend in the amount of One Hundred Fifty ($150.00) in lieu of airfare. Sponsor will pay for up to One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) of the shipping cost for transport of the vehicle to Grand Prize winner’s residence, if needed; any shipping cost over that amount is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All costs or travel-related expenses not set forth herein, including but not limited to ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, gratuities and incidental hotel
and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible in the event that Danny Koker or any other cast member to appear as part of the trip prize is not available, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute talent or cancel this portion of the trip prize. Trip must be taken no later than 11/1/14 or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner and guest must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid photo ID) prior to departure and must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guest must each be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless guest is winner’s child or legal ward.
Ten (10) First Prizes – One (1) 4.5” Compact Circular Saw or comparable tool, one (1) One Hundred Dollar
($100.00) Lowe’s Gift Card and one (1) HISTORY Channel Prize Pack. ARV: $250.00 each.
All Lowe’s Gift Cards are subject to Lowe’s standard terms and conditions relating to such gift cards and cannot be used to make payment on any charge account, used in conjunction with prior purchases or redeemable for cash unless required by law.
TOTAL ARV OF THE GRAND PRIZE AND FIRST PRIZES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PRIZES”): $38,500.00. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. In the case of unavailability of a
prize or portion thereof, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are
non-transferable. No cash substitutions or redemptions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. A valid street address (no P.O. Boxes) located within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia is required for First Prize delivery.
5. NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner and First Prize winners will be contacted by email or telephone and he/she must respond to the notification within three (3) days from the time recorded by Sponsor. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or he/she does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours from notification, and/or the notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, time permitting. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form within three (3) days of notification. (Prepaid overnight courier/mail service will be provided with Affidavit). Potential Grand Prize winner’s designated travel guest will be required to sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release Form within three (3) days of the winner’s receipt. Potential First Prize winners will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form within three (3) days of notification. If a Sponsor and/or Administrator is unable to award a Prize after three (3) attempts, the Prize will not be awarded. Noncompliance will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate will be selected, time permitting. If a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence) is selected as a guest of a prize winner, winner must be his or her parent/legal guardian who must sign all necessary releases on minor’s behalf. If Grand Prize winner elects to travel without a travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof. Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for tax purposes for the retail value of the Grand Prize and is advised to seek independent counsel on the implications of his/her winnings. First Prize winners will receive their prizes via mail.
6. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York.
Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled or incomplete emails or other communications; (b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software,
communications devices or transmission lines; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; or (d) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in an entrant’s email account to receive email messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register for or to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes and to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior
to such action, if any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause outside of Sponsors’ control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the website, if functioning. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of their entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors or any of its affiliated companies, if entrant tampers with the entry process or if entrant’s act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes, in any way. Sponsors reserve the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by
the decisions of Sponsors and warrants that entrant is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. In addition, each entrant, by participating in this Sweepstakes, agrees (and on behalf of entrant’s heirs, assignees, executors and administrators) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind, to persons or property, including property damage, personal injury and/or death, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s preparation for, travel to or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; from the award, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity; and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities to use the winner’s name and/or likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes,
worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without notice or additional
compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. WINNERS LIST: For names of the winners, available after 2/24/14 until 4/30/14, send a separate, self- addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: HISTORY and Rockwell “Rock Your Garage” Sweepstakes Win List, Civic Entertainment Group, 450 Park Avenue South, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
11. SPONSORS: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017; Positec Tool
Corporation, 10130 Perimeter Parkway, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28216.
Neither Lowe’s nor its parent, affiliates or subsidiaries are a Sponsor to this Sweepstakes.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Civic Entertainment Group, LLC, 470 Park Avenue South, 16th FL, NY, NY 10016.